Environment & Community
We take our environmental and community responsibilities seriously and are committed to our Value of “Care for the Community & our Environment”.
We live this Value by:
- Conducting our operations in compliance with all relevant environmental licences and regulations.
- Promoting the efficient use of resources and energy.
- Striving to minimise our impact on the environment.
- Striving to be a valued corporate citizen in the communities in which we operate.
- Respecting our neighbours, their values and cultural heritage, and be considerate to them in carrying out our operations.
As an international manufacturer of industrial explosives and fertilisers, our operations rely on resources such as natural gas and water and have the potential to impact the environment through emissions of Greenhouse Gases, waste generation and contamination of soil and groundwater. We have and continue to put in place the management, processes and systems to make our operations and products more environmentally sustainable and seek to respond to our stakeholders in regard to our environmental impacts and dependencies.
In addition, we understand that long term and meaningful relationships with our communities are fundamental to maintaining our social licence to operate and we believe we have an economic and social responsibility to make a positive contribution. We are committed to building these relationships and we aim to have a positive impact through working closely with community representatives, providing local employment and selecting local suppliers.
Our HSEC Policy and our Sustainable Communities Policy outlines our commitment to our employees, contractors, customers, shareholders and the community.
Find out more about our commitment to the environment and our communities by reading our Sustainability Reports available here.