IPF Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Dear Partner in Australian Agriculture,
We all know how essential fertiliser is for Australian agriculture given the role it plays helping feeding Australians and people across the globe. As an Australian manufacturer and importer, we are working hard to provide our vital fertiliser products to our farmers so they can get on with growing the nation’s crops in many parts of Australia.
Good rains in Eastern Australia over recent weeks has seen strong demand from farmers for our fertiliser products as farmers are getting ready to plant their crops. Our fertiliser distribution centre teams are working hard to dispatch fertilisers safely and efficiently. We encourage farmers to work with their dealers to schedule and pick up their fertilisers in an orderly fashion for their planting season. You can also do this on Fertshed, our online tool where you can create an order & book a truck 24/7.
I would also like to reassure you of the comprehensive response we have in place to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, IPF has developed processes and action plans to ensure continuity of supply. As part of these plans, each of our sites has commenced to limit face-to-face interactions with our carriers and transport partners as much as possible to limit the potential for the virus to spread.
We have made changes at distribution centres so that our customers can drive their trucks in and load their fertiliser without having any physical contact with staff. When visiting our sites to collect product, please avoid entering our offices unless you have a direct request from our staff. See below some of our many controls to protect our valued staff, visitors and customers:
- If a driver has any flu like symptoms (fever, dry cough, body ache, headache, sore throat, runny nose, tiredness, shortness of breath, or others) please do not attend our site.
- Please bring all required PPE – we will have limited ability to supply/effectively clean loan equipment.
On arrival at our sites, you will see:
- COVID-19 warning and restriction signage.
- Changes/restrictions to office areas for collection of despatch paperwork (site specific).
- Please practice good hygiene while on site (hand washing, etc), equipment will be provided.
- While on site or within Truck Driver Safety Zones, please be mindful of physical distancing requirements (2m).
If you have any questions, please contact your IPF representative or Customer Experience on 1800 009 832.
President – Incitec Pivot Fertilisers